The popularity of Facebook is growing. With 400 million customers spending an natural of virtually an hour per day at the site, dealers are clamoring to make investments in advertisements, Facebook Fan pages, customized applications, contests and more.
However, the analytics strength of for Facebook is quite limited. So dealers spending all this cash on fb have very little perception into how their fan pages are performing.
Earlier this week I saw a tweet (message on twitter) with a hyperlink to Google Analytics hack for measuring fb fan pages. We tried this hack nevertheless it surely had too many insects and after losing 2 hours we gave up on that solution.
As we have been struggling with the GA hack, I got an e mail from Webtrends announcing their Facebook Measurement Capability. So I guess that's going to be our resolution for measuring Facebook fan pages and customized apps but I will ought to wait and see if it's going to stay as much as the expectations.
Here are a few screenshots of Webtrends Facebook size reports
Here is a press release from WebTrends
“The talent to have concrete dimension on investments inside Facebook and evaluate them apples to apples with different virtual channels is serious to marketers,” stated Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, vice president of marketing, Webtrends. “Our complete option to measuring Facebook, past simply applications, permits retailers to recognize the wider image of how their Facebook investment is performing.”
Webtrends can now present you how your tabs, apps, and share beneficial properties are working.
A few examples are:
- Twitter activity driving to Facebook Fan pages
- Facebook Fan page activity overlaid with corporate blog posts
- Conversion performance if they happen in Facebook
- Custom applications, Facebook page tabs, and Facebook ad click performance
Webtrends Analytics for Facebook
Webtrends’ new Facebook dimension competencies make probably probably the foremost of Webtrends Analytics 9, which combines our robust real-time analytics engine with its best-in-class person interface. For the primary time, sellers can view their Facebook dimension along different virtual marketing investments similar to websites, microsites, blogs, cellular apps, and more. Additionally, utilizing Analytics 9’s RSS overlay capabilities, sellers can genuinely see the effect of promotional efforts. Tracking customized tabs, applications, and sharing adds probably probably the foremost entire dimension of Facebook handy within the market.
How Webtrends Analytics Collects Data on Custom Tabs
Custom tabs and applications have critical differences for data collection, due to Facebook’s Terms of Service and its commitment to user privacy.
- To overcome these limitations, Webtrends developed a new method that uses their data collection API to bring Facebook data into Webtrends Analytics.
- In addition to tracking tab views, Webtrends can also measure:
- Tab views segmented by fans and non-fans
- Clicks on buttons and links, such as the Share button and its options
How Webtrends Analytics Collects Data on Facebook Applications
- Webtrends utilizes their Data Collection API to bring Facebook data into Webtrends Analytics.
- Webtrends can measure any type of application built on the Facebook platform.
The Great Data Giveaway – A Demonstration of Webtrends’ Facebook Measurement Capabilities
To demonstrate their new capabilities, Webtrends created a prototype Facebook crusade referred to as The Great Data Giveaway. Webtrends is utilizing this crusade as a style for his or her customers’ reference.
“Marketers are wrestling with how you can earn and teach ROI from social media marketing,” stated Kaykas-Wolff. “We designed The Great Data Giveaway no longer to merely demonstrate our new abilities in action, but to also present agents that social channels like Facebook can generate qualified leads.”
The crusade is a drawing for prizes that allure to Webtrends’ objective market, which can be information prizes like ReadWriteWeb top rate reviews and InfoChimps’ Twitter Census Data.
- Webtrends created an application and placed it on a custom tab on Facebook to explain the contest details. KPIs: views segmented by fans and non-fans.
- The user becomes a fan first (known as a “fan-gate”), then allows the installation of the app in compliance with Facebook’s Terms of Service. KPIs: Rate of fan interest, number of installs.
- Once the app is installed, the user can enter the contest via a form driven by our Eloqua marketing automation system. KPIs: Entries, follow-up email opens, follow-up email conversions.
- The app allows users to post the contest info to their wall. KPIs: Number of shares.
- Webtrends marketing provides air-cover for the contest by mentioning it on Twitter and in blogs. KPIs: RSS overlay of promotion efforts on views (tab) and visits (application).
Webtrends Analytics 9 for Facebook Webinar
Webtrends may even host a Webinar in April discussing how corporations can take benefit of Facebook size in Webtrends Analytics 9. For extra news together with registration, date and time,
You are now reading the articleMeasuring Facebook Fan Pages & Apps with the link address http://www.ir2.me/2018/09/measuring-facebook-fan-pages-apps.html